This question comes up a bit... Rightfully so! As there is nothing more satifiying than the fountain of youth for your engagement ring. Something to bring back its pop!
Beyond the obvious grime, dirt and scuffing of your engagement ring, the main reason your piece may have a dullness to its lustre - is dust settling UNDER the stone/setting.
Therefore, your focus needs to be to dislodge these particles.
Here's your list;
1. ULTRASONIC CLEANER. We have a link for a great one under $100 (see below). Honestly, it is well worth it.
2. Dishwashing liquid. For the standard clean.
3. Cloudy Ammonia. Grease remover.
4. Rubber Tweezers. To hold the ring.
Now This Is The Dance;
1. Boil a kettle.
This is VERY, VERY important - IF your stone isn't a diamond, sapphire, ruby... Then don't use boiling water, just warm water. The boiling water can crack stones with internal inclusions.
2. Add a couple of teaspoons of cloudy ammonia and a dash of dishwashing liquid, then add your boiling water up to the line (explained in the ultrasonic instructions).
3. Turn the ultrasonic cleaner on, then using a set of tweezers (preferably rubber), dunk your ring and swish it around.
4. Give it a thorough rinse under the tap. Dry with tissue.
Enjoy the youthful flare.
WHERE TO BUY:
1. ULTRASONIC CLEANER. 2L AUD$76.99.
2. Dishwashing liquid. (Can be any, but we've listed one we use).
3. Cloudy Ammonia. (Same again, any will do).
4. Rubber Tweezers.